Thursday, January 28, 2016

First blog ever!!!

At first this class really scared me, because I am more of a shy keep to myself kind of person, but after meeting the teacher and seeing how the class flows, I could not be more excited for this class. I really like the first activity we did on Monday, because I really had to stop and think of how I personally felt on each statement that was made and I could not just pick a neutral stance. I really liked how everyone was pitching in on the discussions, but were still respectful to each person's views. The question that I really loved was the one about should health education happen in the home. At first thought I thought this was a no brainer answer, but the more I thought about it and the more I heard from other people, it really opened my views on the matter. Some people really do not have any parents that are willing to give them the talk or that will answer questions for them. After this discussion it made me realize how blessed I am to have parents that are willing to answer any of my questions and gave me the talk when I was younger.

This class is definitely going to push me past my comfort zone, but I think it will be just the push I need to learn to things and to have discussions in class. I am very excited and nervous for this class, but with such an awesome teacher....I am ready to tackle the semester!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your perspective of hearing everyone's views in class and realizing they can be so different from your own. That is one of things I'm really excited about class as well!

    ReplyDelete