Sunday, January 31, 2016

First Blog Post

I always thought that describing my feelings came easy to me, but after I commented in class about the question "Is oral sex a way of abstinence?" (or something along those lines), I had a realization that I'm not comfortable talking about sex.  Even though I grew up in a household that didn't shy away talking about it, when it comes to talking to people I don't know about sex it scares me.  I worry that I'm going to embarrass myself in front of the whole class.  I plan to overcome my fears.  Blogging will be an excellent way for us too analyze our own thoughts on issues that we have never thought of.  Also, this class will help me in discussing sexuality with my daughter, who turned 9 last November.  I plan on reading the children's books with her so that we can have educated conversations about what sex is and what it is all about.  I believe that this will be even more difficult for me then having conversations in class with classmates. Lol  

No comments:

Post a Comment