Wednesday, January 27, 2016

First Blog

Hearing how many people called STDs "gross" the other day in class really got to me. I personally know people who have sexually transmitted diseases and I got to thinking about how they would feel if they were in that room and saw all of the people who agreed that STDs were gross and it was really upsetting. The people that I know who have STDs look like normal people, act like normal people, and live their lives like normal people. Nobody would ever know the had a disease. Statistically someone in our class probably has an STD and hearing peoples arguments about how "gross" they were couldn't have been easy. I'm going to make an effort to be very tactful when discussing these kinds of sensitive issues in class because the person with the "gross" disease could be the person standing right next to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment