Friday, January 29, 2016

I am extremely excited about this class thus far. This is by far my favorite and most interesting class. I have never actually had to write a blog before so I'm not exactly certain which way to take this. But something I hope we touch base on in this class, since it's sexuality all the way through the lifespan, is the epidemic of the spread of STDs in nursing homes. I read a story on Facebook a few months ago that talked about how there is a lack of education on safe sex practices within nursing home, resulting in the spread of STDs, especially herpes. I feel like this is relevant because as we talked each generation back, they had less comprehensive sexual education. Which would make perfect sense that our grandparents and great grandparents lack the extensive knowledge that we have available to us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment