Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sex Ed

Going off from what we were talking about in class today, I'd have to say that my older sisters were basically one of the only resources that I had and used to educate myself about sex. They are 10 and 8 years older than me so it made sense that they had valuable information to be shared. I could tell from a young age that my mom wasn't as a comfortable talking to me about those certain details so she also relied on my sisters to give me the information that I needed. But now this has me thinking about how my sisters became educated since they didn't have the resources that they gave to me. Maybe my mom was different with them or maybe they learned through school or personal experiences. This is definitely something that I would like to ask them about considering a lot of people in class shared different experiences and learned in many different ways. This also has me thinking about the way in which I will educate my future children.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I am the oldest, so I have no idea what it's like to have older siblings. :)

    ReplyDelete