Wednesday, February 17, 2016

birth control

I've been on birth control since I was in 7th grade. Less than a year after starting my period. I have struggled with iron deficiency anemia since then. It's hereditary and I've been one of those girls that used birth control to not have periods. 

As I eat my pill everyday (almost everyday) for 10 years now, it has crossed my mind a time or two that I am "frying" my ovaries. I don't know why but I always thought of it as frying them or something. Perhaps it's because of the burning, throbbing pain I feel when I get cramps. 

Anyways, today in class I felt a weight being lifted off my shoulder's when Kelly said that it wasn't harmful to be on birth control for a long time. It never bothered me enough to remember and ask my doctor about it, but it did cross my mind every now and again. 

Not that anyone would care, but I came to another realization today during class. I believe I am one of those people that has a hard to getting pregnant, because I have definitely missed a pill more than once or taken it late, and had sex, but never got pregnant. The number of times i've done that have me convinced. 

Thats all I got for today,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment