Thursday, February 4, 2016

Blog #2

I think sexuality research should be funded even more than what they are funding now. To me sexuality encompasses not just the act of sex but attraction, orientation, and sexual behaviors. I am a psychology major but I have not looked at any sex research findings. It would be interesting (if not already done) if researches could answer the question whether orientation is on a spectrum rather than a absolute category. If research was done on that I believe prejudices on other orientations besides heterosexual would be reduced. It would make more clear that people that are attracted to the same sex are not so different from heterosexual people. More research may also compel congress to rethink some of the current legislation that allows citizens to refuse business to homosexual people. Research in this field in the year 2016 is needed more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment