Thursday, February 4, 2016

Blog #2

I found the article "What if we actually admitted to children that sex is about pleasure?" very entertaining. It also made me reflect on my grade school years and just how early on sex was part of the conversation in school. Talking about periods was such taboo. I can remember an instance when I was maybe 5 or 6 when my older cousins were discussing their periods (pads, tampons, and such...) and my mom telling them I was too young to hear about it. It made me feel like "oh my god... A period?! What is that?! Is it serious?!" Looking back now I wish she would've just allowed for my cousins to speak to me about it because when the time came I felt so unprepared and didn't really know what was going on in my body other than blood was coming out! With that being said, I strongly feel that with my own children I will have conversations over puberty/sex early on so they are aware and prepared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment