Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Blog number... ?

The movie we watched today was very interesting. Today in my Family Relationships class we talked about cohabitation, common law marriage and same sex marriage and how those couples go through a lot of trouble when one or the other dies as there is no legal document making the other as the next of kin. This was the case in the first story where Edith could not have a say in what to do with the body or claim their house because no legal document declared her the spouse. It was also sad that she had to fix up the house to make it look like they really lived as friends and roommates. The second story it took me a while to catch up because I thought it was a flashback of when the first couple met, I didn't realize there was more than one story.. Oops. But it was upsetting that someone who fought for womens rights couldn't even fight for her love at first. Either way if they wanted equality wouldn't that mean that she should be allowed to dress like a man if she wanted to? Anyway, the third story with Ellen was very Ellen Degeneres with the comedy. I'm glad that in the end they were able to get pregnant. I liked how the movie took us through like a timeline of how same sex views have changed. I wonder how they would portray 2016. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm tickled that there was synchronicity between your classes!

    ReplyDelete