Thursday, February 18, 2016

Blog Post #4: The panel

I really enjoyed the panel this week. It was good to have real insight on topics that I've always wondered about like post-partum, having twins, and the real role of a midwife. I don't plan on having kids any time soon, but I do think about whether I want to give birth at home with a midwife or just deliver in a hospital. It was good to hear from both sides of having a child with a midwife and having one in the hospital. The father on the panel was awesome, his story was really touching and I think that helping fathers become more involved is really great because sometimes young fathers may run just because they're scared and don't exactly know how to take care of child. So having that community and social support is good. The chapter on Contraception was really interesting as well, I knew there were a lot of forms of birth control out there but it was good to have more facts on what options that I really have in case I do want to switch from the pill one day.  I'm really learning a lot from this class so far & it's actually making me want to talk about sex with my friends sometimes because I was the friend that hated talking about sex. I would try to change the subject I guess because I was uncomfortable because I like to keep like my sexual experience private. But sharing knowledge about sex is less uncomfortable now.

No comments:

Post a Comment