Monday, February 29, 2016

Communication is Key🔑

In class today we discussed aspects of healthy relationships and that in all types of relationships communication is very important. This made me think of my own relationships and how I communicate with my loved ones.
My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year now. My relationship with him is the first I've had where we are constantly working on our communication and always strive to talk out our arguments. I'm a pretty emotional personal and he has a tempor so arguments between us can flare rather quickly. What we've learned about each other is that we are both touchy feely people and we both need human touch as part of our expression of love. With that being said we have discovered that if ever we have an argument we need to talk out or need to discuss something sensitive, we will talk while cuddling. Neither of us can be mad when we're comfortable and feel loved from the contact of holding each other. We are able to think more rationally and actively listen to what the other is saying.
This may not be a strategy that works for everyone but so far it has worked for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment