Wednesday, February 3, 2016

FGM and Research

I'm going to be completely honest. Wednesday's lecture totally put me to sleep. This is more than likely because I've taken research methods and statistics and I absolutely loathe that we have to cover this material in other classes that are not "research methods!" This is stuff we all should have learned back in high school.
On a topic that is a bit more interesting- female circumcision. It is really hard for me to comprehend a culture where this behavior is expected. On the other hand, male circumcision is expected from mine. I do feel there is a very big difference though. Female circumcision is to void a female of pleasure from sex. A male can still experience pleasure during sex post circumcision. I recently found out that (according to the World Health Organization) there are four different major types of FGM.
Here is the website where you can read more about it.
-http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean when you say listening to more research topics is boring. I actually found the discussion interesting. I personally think more research on sexuality should be done, but knowing our government it won't happen. Yea, I remember seeing a video of a girl screaming while she was being circumcised on a documentary. Its horrible.

    ReplyDelete