Friday, February 19, 2016

Blog # 4

I really enjoyed the panels this week. Having a panel is a great way to get information about things from people who know what they are talking about and have had some prior experience on the subject matter. It was nice because people in the classroom were asking questions that I wouldn’t have even thought about asking.  I liked how interactive it was and I was able to learn a lot of new stuff! For example, I was not aware that sometimes some part of the perineum is cut during pregnancy. I definitely just cringed now thinking about it...it makes me even question if I want to have kids in the future. I was very interested with the midwife. I had gone in thinking that I knew what they did and that they were similar to Doula but I was proven wrong and now I know the difference between the two. All in all, this week has been really fun.  I am very much looking forward to the panels later on in the semester.

Before I finish this post, can we please talk about Wednesday class for a second? I don’t know what makes people think that sticking a potatoes up your vagina is going to block sperm from getting through. I’m just glad that it was found soon enough so that no serious damage was done inside of her. The fact that she had something growing inside of her that was not a baby is just plain bizarre. This just shows us that our health education is in dire need of an update. But then again she wasn’t from the U.S. so might not have been aware of all the other options available to prevent pregnancy and was most likely tried to find the cheapest home remedy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment