Thursday, February 25, 2016

If Walls Could Talk

The video we watched in class this week was very interesting to me. It was cool to see the different generations of lesbian couples and the struggles they had to deal with depending on the year. The first story about the older ladies was very sad. I couldn't believe the lady who passed away didn't have a will leaving her possessions to her "friend." It was so wrong of her nephew to basically kick her out of her home that she had helped pay off. It broke my heart because I know that that sort of thing happens all the time, that's why I have stressed to my parents how important it is to make a will. I know once I get a full time job where I am getting an annual income I will be creating a will. Just in case anything were to happen to me, I want to make sure my loved ones are taken care of. The last story of the couple trying to get pregnant made me happy. I was glad the movie ended on a high note, and it showed how much times have changed. Also, knowing that the film was made in the 90s, it made me realize how much further we have come in accepting gay and lesbian couples, and how they are now able to get married and start a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment