Friday, February 12, 2016

It's NOT the Stork!

I read up until page 27 in this book, and I have to say I'm really impressed with it. I love how it's honest, and isn't afraid to use medical terms to describe aspects of the male and female anatomy. I also like that, at the same time, it still kinda has an innocent approach to it with the pictures, and language that is appropriate for their age). I wish that I would have had a book like this when I was a kid, and it makes me definitely want to keep these if I ever decide to have kids later on in life. I also really liked how they touched on the other biological aspects besides labeling body parts. It explained what eggs are, and when they're released etc., as well as explaining what sperm is. I don't know what else to really say besides that I really like the approach this book takes. I think it's really important to be practical, and explain to children how their bodies work, and answer their questions instead of saying, 'I'll tell you when you're a bit older'. I think it definitely helps kids to be comfortable in their own skin, and be well informed of what there bodies do, and it's natural, instead of scaring them. So overall, from what I've read so far, this is a great starter books for kids when handling this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment