Friday, February 26, 2016

Movie Response

I actually really liked it. Some parts were a little cheesy, but overall I liked the general point that the movie made. I think it showed the changing perspectives really well through the decades, and some of the societal barriers that were faced. I felt really bad for the last couple at the end when they worried about what the future would hold for their child, and if it would be 'cruel' to bring a child into the world with gay parents because they might get picked on. But I liked how Ellen responded by basically saying that her partner shouldn't worry about whether it will change or not because it always does. I think its really interesting how hopeful they made the end seem, because in all actuality we've really have come such a long way from the late 90's/early 2000's when the movie was made.


No comments:

Post a Comment