Thursday, February 11, 2016

"Penis, penis, penis. Vagina, vagina, vagina."


I kind of think we should have started class out with the Varsity Blues "Penis, penis, penis.  Vagina, vagina, vagina."  This scene ran through my head as we discussed Chapters 3 and 4 this week:


When I came home and told the betrothed about class, he quoted this movie instantly.  I thought it was humorous as, again, this was going through my mind during class.

So about the penis and circumcision...  I actually talked to my friend about that at the Super Bowl party.  I mean it didn't just come up in middle of the game, but you had to have something else to talk about during that terrible halftime show.  So we were outside having a glass of wine and we were talking about kids.  We got around to talking about penises somehow and she mentioned that she and her husband decided to have their son circumcised.  She just said that it was the decision that they made together.  She also mentioned that her husband was not, and then was said that she doesn't know any other guys who weren't.  That is when I opened up about my future husband that he is also uncircumcised (but I am sure that the guys know this about each other, because don't guys play poker and talk about their junk?  just kidding, but really.... what do they talk about?)

I was on a real role with what I was saying and then my dog interrupted....

Anyways, back to circumcision.  My betrothed told me a while back that him and his brother were both uncircumcised, but when his brother was about 4 or 5, he got an infection and then their parents decided to have him circumcised.  Professor Stone mentioned this in class the other day and in my mind, I was like "Wait a minute, this story sounds familiar..."

So about the "Vagina, vagina, vagina."  I don't really have much to say about the vagina....

I did find the contraception lecture to be very interesting.  I had heard about some of the things that we discussed, but I had never seen one, like the diaphragm.  I knew that was a thing, but I didn't know what the heck it was.  I also didn't know anything about a sponge (as I do not watch Seinfeld).  My betrothed knew what it was because of the Seinfeld, but I honestly had no clue.  Very interesting.

Birth control pills are very interesting to me.  I mean, it a pill, how interesting can it really be?  BUT.. I have been on birth control for a loooooong time now, but there was a short period of time that I stopped taking it (for some ridiculous reason).  When I was off the pill, I would get these terrible, "I want to die, A small troll is rock climbing in my ovaries" type of pain.  One time it got so bad that I went to the ER because my Dr. thought it might have been my appendix.  I am not sure how they came up with all of this, but I was nauseous and doubled over in pan, so all I really cared about was that they made it stop.  I finally got a Dr. that did an ultrasound and they found a cyst on my ovary that had leaked or something like that (there were drugs involved, so it was all fuzzy).  Luckily my betrothed was there to get all of the facts.  I went to my OBGYN two days later and she had looked at all of the scans and whatever else they did (again, drugs...).  I had not taken the pill for about a month at this time, and she said that now I am not only on the pill for contraceptive reasons, but it was also for the ovarian cyst.  I still do not understand how it all works.  I really gotta look this up one day to see.  What is going to happen when I get off the pill to have a baby?  Is the time that I am off going to start this whole process over again?  No thank you!  Not something that I am okay with...

Anyways, I think I have shared enough about my life story with all of you who might read this at some point in your life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment