Friday, February 5, 2016

The question asked, what if we actually admitted to children that sex is about pleasure?

As I read the article I was smiling for some odd reason. Maybe because it reminds me of myself in a way. I personally don't have children, but I do have plenty of nieces and nephews, some who are well in their late teens, some who are in preschool and all in between. I'm the type of person that doesn't like using "coded words" I will use the correct word for it, and I've gotten many looks from my siblings when I talk to their children. I'm not saying that I'm 100% comfortable talking about sex or related topics, but if I get asked I answer truthfully. I usually ask their parents if it's okay, and most of the time it is, but than there's that one sibling who doesn't want their child to know something because they're too young. That sibling is the same one who got upset because I thought my niece, who was 4 at the time, what a penis and vagina are instead of saying "privates". At the time I didn't see what was so bad about it, but hey we all have our own opinions about the subject. I just think it's better to teach them the correct word because not everyone will know their coded words, I've hear some weird terms used. Going back to the article I really liked how the author was really open about it, she didn't hold back. She also brought if some good points about how some parents don't want their children to know a lot about sex because they will have sex earlier. I think the more kids, children, teens are educated about it the better, they will have the information they need to make their own choice. As much as parents want to protect their kids, it's not a good idea to keep them blinded about something that will happen one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment