Wednesday, February 24, 2016

This week....

This week has been very busy and stressful for me, so I am glad we got to watch a film today in class. I will be honest and say that I am not very comfortable with the whole idea of lesbians and girls kissing and being a couple, but I will say this movie was very eye opening to me and made me think about these couples on a more deeper level.  The first "story" where the one older lady died, was a very sad concept to watch. I felt sorry for the lady, because her partner died and she really could not say she was in love with her to anyone. I could not even imagine what that must have felt like not being able to say anything and just let these people come in and start taking her stuff, even her bird collection. The second "story" I found a little bit odd just because I am not a drinker and I do not smoke. I was not even zoned in that they girls liked one another, I was focused on why on these young girls drinking and smoking. It may be weird, but that is what I was thinking when I watched this part of the film. This story also made feel a little weird, because all the girls that lived with each other also liked each other and kissed one another. I was very confused by this part of the film. I am still not really accepting of same sex dating or marriage, but this film definitely made me see that the couples have the same feelings as everyone else and go through pretty much the same stuff normal couples do.

No comments:

Post a Comment