Wednesday, February 10, 2016

WTF texas

http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_MWPA.pdf




Alright this may be a little TMI but whatever. On Monday we discussed risk factors for breast cancer and I was expecting Stone to say abortion. Because in my experience when you get an abortion they tell you that abortion increases your risk of breast cancer. Literally there is a state mandated paper the dr reads to you that says you are more likely to get breast cancer if you go through with this abortion… pretty scary… not like you aren’t freaking out about 100000000000000 other things. Anyways I was very curious as to why this risk was not discussed in class. And here is what I found in an article I attached “5 of the 7 states that include information on breast cancer inaccurately assert a link between abortion and an increased risk of breast cancer” texas is one of them. A total lie. There is no connection to breast cancer and abortion. Some politicians decided they wanted to freak you out about your decision and your body. Wow. Isn’t that interesting? Also I thought a lot about posting this because this is a very personal subject but really 1 in 4 women will have an abortion in their lifetime. I am not ashamed of my decision. I don’t think it should be like “oh I had to do it because of medical reasons” I think you can say F*** I am so not ready for this. I don’t think abortions should be used as birth control or in excess but I don’t think a woman needs to justify her actions to anyone but herself.


 


Ps please do not respond to this with judgment. It was difficult for me to put myself out there.  



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I think I may have a copy of the items that Texas requires that must be stated for women undergoing an abortion. Sometimes, it seems that science is not a factor in many legislative decisions.

    ReplyDelete