Saturday, March 5, 2016

This weeks class reflection

I mean, to me in the Kinsey scale, I do kind of fall in the middle. I'm not straight but I'm not exactly gay either. I have an attraction to both girls and boys I guess, but it's a bit more complicated than that I guess? It's like, I like guys and girls, but I guess I just kind of for a long time accepted it as that and didn't really look further into it. Like, sometimes yeah I feel like I'm bisexual or pansexual but I sometimes fall more under a sort of asexuality umbrella. Some may call me more biromantic, but my sexuality is really kind of more fluid than that I think? Sometimes I'm even like "oh yeah maybe sex" but sometimes I'm like, "oh yeah no, sex really isn't for me." I don't really know, your guess is as good as mine. Sometimes when me and my friends talk about it I kind of just answer the whole "what do you think your sexuality is" question I just kind of shrug.


That story on wednesday also reminded me of some youtube video.... I think people mentioned it on here too? I think this is the film called Love is All You Need : www.loveisallyouneedthemovie.com
 At the bottom of the page is a short, but they're also making it into a full feature length film apparently! At least, that's what the short story reminded me of. The video is really neat, if anyone wants to look at it, the short is a good visual to go hand in hand with the story. The story we had in class though made me angry in a sort of "I hate thinking about this stuff" sort of thing, because I do experience that to some degree. It also upsets me to think that people are so against love, that they aren't really considering how much being against LGBTQA can really damage someone, and it's even more upsetting to know that some people don't even care how much they are hurting people. I think the story is very powerful and can put someone's view in perspective, especially if they are heterosexual and haven't really realized how similar and different being a different sexuality can be and the struggles that gay people may face.

No comments:

Post a Comment