Friday, March 4, 2016

Blog 6

    Each week this class continues to be my absolute favorite. I love all the little activities and such that we do in class. I especially liked the story activity we did Wednesday. I have always felt it wrong that gay people aren't treated th same in some instances and that some people make homosexual people feel like their different from heterosexual people. This story really puts into perspective first hand what it feels like to be on that other side. To have to worry about whether people will treat you or your significant other the same in a hospital setting if they were to find out, to have people look at you completely different because of whom you love, it's very sad. I think the story was very eye opening but also made me really sad. Society is slowly taking steps towards normalizing everyone and their sexual orientations, but there is still a long way to go. I can't wait for the day where this discrimination no longer takes place and everyone can feel 100% free to love whomever they please without feeling judged.

No comments:

Post a Comment