Thursday, March 10, 2016

Panel Thoughts..

The panel this week was very interesting to me as an individual because I grew up in the bible belt of Texas. Growing up from where I was born; gay was automatically a sin. This sin was pushed throughout our community as a shameful and a disowning concept. Gay individuals were coming out and everything in my High School but these individuals seemed to get mixed reactions from their peers. They either were accepted for being gay or were told they are going to go to hell for being gay. At my high school, the heterosexual males seemed to feel so awkward around the other males who were homosexual. Coming to Texas State, the environment down here as been completely different for me. My hometown was so judgmental and here everyone is so accepting. The panel this week showed me a side of individual(s)  I have never seen before. I think it is horrible that someone can be discriminated against because of who they are attracted to, etc.


In a perfect world.. everyone would be accepting of all individuals. We all have different views/thoughts, we are different races/ethnicities, and religions. We should not be discriminated against because of who we are. Not one person is right or wrong. Love is Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment