Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sexual Autobiography

I was dreading writing my Sexual Autobiography and it turned out not to be that bad. I do not like sharing things about my sex life. I think that my sex life is personal and I was feeling apprehensive about having to write about it. It turned out to be good though and I actually enjoyed the assignment. I feel like this class has not really changed my beliefs but reinforced them. I still think that sex was meant to be special and I know that we are learning about all different situations but that belief has not changed. It has been good to hear them and learn from the lectures but I am still very much convinced that sex was made to be in the context of intimacy. As I was writing my sexual autobiography and thinking about my own journey and experiences, I feel like I felt that more then ever. I feel very thankful that my first sexual experience was with my husband. I know that is super old fashioned and not the norm these days. I do not think I am better then anyone else, I am just personally glad that I felt in my heart that I wanted to wait for someone special and I did. I think all of our autobiographies are so unique and individual for each person. As we look back on them, we can probably all see different things we learned and new values that have formed through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment