Tuesday, March 22, 2016

STI

The lecture on STIs was very interesting. I think that we really need to educate young people and not teach abstinence only. I think that it is great that they offer testing and that is something that people should do if they are planning to have sex. Though, a lot of STIs are treatable, I think that we should put others before ourselves and I do find it selfish when people know they have an STI and they do not disclose that information but continue to have sex with multiple partners. I also think that we do not need to assume things about the person who has an STI because there are many ways it could have happened. This discussion reminded me of the first day when we talked about if STIs were gross or not. It is important that we do not view the person as gross because they are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment