Friday, March 11, 2016

this week



This week was a different change of pace I feel. I loved having the panel and “having my own kind” around me so to speak. What did annoy me about the panel was everyone came from a very religious background and there was no one there who didn’t have that in their life. I know when I came out religion was not a factor my mother thought about. She thought about me being bullied, not being the “normal” kid, possibly not having kids, and things like that. But other than that, it was nice to hear everyone’s questions and comments, I wanted to jump in and answer as well. I do wish there hadn’t been such an age gape between the panelists. We had freshmen and grown adult women which didn’t show everything a LGBQA person goes through since most of them had just come out. It was really cool to see how everyone in the class seemed to be accepting and open to learning about our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment