Friday, March 4, 2016

wednesday imagery

I thought Wednesday's class was really interesting especially the imagery exercise because it really put things into perspective. The story she told was very touching and it opens your eyes to the side of things that you don't usually think about. Although I am completely supportive of the LBGT community, as a straight person, I have not really thought about the lifelong struggles that the people of that community go through. I cannot imagine, as a child, or even an adult, feeling like something is wrong with you just because you are not "like everyone else" or "heterosexual". It makes my heart hurt for these people who are just like everyone else. Although there has been much progress in the LGBT community, I wish more people in the world saw things from this perspective and put down their prejudices towards this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment