Saturday, April 23, 2016

Being on the Panel


Hey Yall!

I want to start by saying thank you for letting me share my story. As difficult as it was, I am glad I got to be a part of spreading awareness to the issue. I am overjoyed by how many of you have shared your stories with me, thank you for trusting me, I know how difficult it can be to relive your past. I know I mentioned it while on the panel but I would like to say it agian, that if any of you need to speak with me or have any questions feel free to. It was interesting to me that after speaking on Wednesday, several issues that I have never realized were present in my marriage came to light. This only made me that much more thankful to be out, like Kyle said, "It is so much better on the other side."

I would like to address something that has seemed to upset several of you....religion. I want to clarify that I am a Christian and I do believe in God. I do not however, believe in judgemnt that many churches pass. I have in no way lost my faith. An individual who was in a situation like mine often only has their faith to keep going. Sharing my story put me in a very vulnerable palce and it is unfortunate that of all of the things the panelists shared, religion is what some of you have decieded to discuss the most. For those of you who were able to find support in the church during your difficult time that is wonderful, I unfortunately was just not given the opportunity when I did reach out. Faith and religion is measured by the indivdual, there is no right or wrong answer.

I hope that showing this side of myself helps you realize that anyone could be or has gone through a traunmatic life experience at one point in time, even the person sitting next to you in class.

Thnaks agian for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment