Friday, April 22, 2016

Emotional

This week brought on more emotions that I thought. I really enjoyed the activity that we did on Monday when we separated what its like to be a women versus what its like to be a man. I think it really put stereotypes and expectations of sexes into perspective. As we were talking about the different kinds of violence, I came to rough realization that I have actually been in an abusive relationship before. I never really thought anything of it because it didn't happen often. My boyfriend at the time had really bad anger issues. When he would get angry, he would throw things in my direction, sometimes they would hit me but I always thought it was by accident or that he was just mad and didn't mean it. Now, as I'm reflecting on my relationship, I realize that it could have been a lot worse had I not left. I know that my situation is not nearly as bad as some but I think it took more of a toll on me than I thought at the time. I wish I had known then what I know now about violence and abusive relationships because maybe I would have left sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment