Friday, April 15, 2016

I don't know..

I honestly have no idea what to blog about. Normally I can come up with something but I'm seriously drawing a blank here. I guess I'll just ramble a bit. So this weekend I came to another state to attend a family wedding. This side of the family is super religious and conservative. I'm talkin they don't even allow women to wear pants in church. Yeah, they're odd. But I love them, don't get me wrong! Being here though has made me wonder how they approach the topic of sexuality. A few of my cousins are younger, and I feel like the topic of sexuality is never really brought up with them. Not surprising, but this side of the family also experiences a lot of teen pregnancies. I feel like because of their religious behavior, they don't acknowledge the fact that sexuality is a very important subject to talk about and this leads to uneducated children going out and having babies young. I don't feel it's my place to say anything, but the whole situation kinda bothers me. I love them to death, but I feel like their conservatives views are negatively impacting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment