Saturday, April 30, 2016

Last blog of the semester!

So it turns out my blog never published last night! I had a few technical difficulties. Anyway I cannot believe the semester has come to an end. Time goes by so fast! This class was so different from all my other classes. I like how Professor Stone was always interested in our discussions. The panels were always great too it really did help with understanding every topic discussed from someone who experienced it. I respected each individual that was in a panel this semester. It takes a lot of courage to talk about personal stuff.

In our last class I have never done anything like that by walking across a white line if a situation applied to you. It was nice to know that everything we did in that room was confidential and respected by all my peers. I feel like I got to know everyone on a personal level. I was shocked to see how I could relate to some people it was nice to not feel alone in situations like "being called fat". I struggled with that phrase so much as an adolescent. I still have a little trouble trying to get that phrase out of my head, and looking at my imperfections. However, we have to remind ourselves that at the end of the day our imperfections make us beautiful and human. This class was great, and I am glad I enrolled in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment