Friday, April 29, 2016

last blog!

This was my favorite class that I took this semester, and I'm really sad it's coming to an end!
Even though our last activity, I felt, was a little somber, I thought it was a really great way to end the class. I felt that it showed that we're all human, and that we're all alike and different in our own ways. It was comforting to see that a lot of us aren't alone in this big ride we're all enduring together, and feel a huge sense of respect for everyone in this class. I appreciated listening to everyone's opinions (even if i didn't agree with them all), and I like that I got to hear a bunch of different perspectives. I like that we were all able to create an environment where people felt open enough to share some of the most personal aspects of their lives, that they didn't necessarily have to share with us.
Overall, I'm really glad that I took this class, and I feel like I've learned a lot of things that I can carry with me, and can use not only in my career, but in everyday life. I feel like I've already had a very open heart, and was really accepting of everyone in the first place, but I feel like this made my heart bigger in so many different ways. All of the panels, stories, and discussions we've had, has brought a whole different meaning to what I already feel in my heart, and it reaffirmed a lot of things for me, as well as validated my feelings in a lot of ways. I feel like I was reminded that I have a voice, and an opinion, and those things matter. Everything we've done has put things into such a different light, and I'm really thankful that I had the opportunity to take this class and be enlightened!
I hope everyone has a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment