Friday, April 22, 2016

Last Panel

Our last panel was difficult to experience, but also touching and highly emotional. I am currently working with children in my internship that are victims of sexual and physical abuse, so it was interesting to see what some of the adults had to say about their similar experiences. It breaks my heart to know that there are people out there that for some reason, act in such a way that hurts their victims for the rest of their lives. When the question was asked about faith and spirituality, I became very emotional and extremely sad for the victims that stated how those certain things did not help them through their experience. Instead, it made it worse. This was so hard for me to hear because I am personally very strong in my faith, and faith should not make things harder. That really effected me and was hard to take in. I think that hearing the stories of people that have gone through these violent events is a very important thing, because that makes it much more real. I hope that violence in relationships becomes more and more of a talked about topic in our society because it is clear that it happens all too often and it needs to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment