Saturday, April 2, 2016

Panel

I really enjoyed the panel this week.  I have done a lot of research on transgendered individuals prior to this panel, simply because it interested me.  But listening to these individuals stories made me look at them and everyone in a whole new perspective.  We so often get swept up in trying to understand one another based on our differences rather than remembering what we all have in common, that we are human.  How we choose to identify and who we choose to be with, should not be such a big deal, but sadly because of how uneducated many of us are and how societies "normalcies" have b een engraved in our minds, it is not yet possible, I hoped that  as time progresses it will be though.  My favorite panelist was Philipa, probably because I noticed how similar our personalities were and his wittiness kept me smiling.   I also appreciated how he broke down terms for us and simplified them by giving us examples.    All of the panelist were such funny, light hearted, brave, educated individuals and I am so glad I had the opportunity to listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment