Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Panel

Omg. I thought today's panel was very intense! It was hard hearing all the things that everyone had been through and to also hear that so many people in our class have experienced similar things. I had a friend in middle school tell me about how her stepbrother had sexually abused her and I had no idea how to react to it when she'd told me. The panel was very emotional though and I found myself feeling very sad yet very connected to all these people that I had never met before. My heart goes out to everyone that was on the panel today and I think they are all very brave for being able to tell their stories to our class. It makes me happy though to hear them all say that there is another side to this and that it does get better and it is relieving to know that even though these people may never be 100% over this that you can move on from something like this and it is comforting to know that the majority of the panel were working on putting they're situation behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment