Friday, April 22, 2016

This Weeks Panel

    The panel this week was definitely emotional to say the least. I'm sure there are people who agree with me, but I needed to hear some of those things be said. Hearing all of those different experiences, from experiencing abuse themselves to watching their parents experience it. I also found it very helpful having the guy who had all the information about resources for people who have experienced any kind of abuse. It was really hard for me to listen to all of these stories because I've had my own experience with physical and mental abuse from my first boyfriend and my last boyfriend. So I think a lot of what was said on the panel is all stuff I've kind of known, but I needed to hear it in all those different forms from those 5 different, very real people. So this panel has been, in my opinion the most beneficial I feel for the most people. There were a good amount of people emotional and crying , which shows I think that this was a very emotional panel for quite a few, myself included. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think these panels are absolutely beneficial and really help people get s first hand view on someone's life that they may not understand or agree with. It makes all of this issues real and not just what we read about, it puts it right in front of our faces, and I think it is s great learning experience and I'll never forget some of the things I've learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment