Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Violence Panel

I knew violence would be a topic that would probably become pretty emotional, but I had no idea that today's panel would be that intense. I think that it was such a wonderful experience to see all my classmates share their stories and the panelist tell their stories while being so vulnerable. I think this panel was the most inspiring set of people because they came from such adversity and had to overcome a lot of obstacles to self- heal and become the people they are now. I felt so sorry for all the people today who shared their past events and what awful things happened to them. I felt like each individual had special advice to give the class and each story taught me something. I have never been in an abusive relationship, but it is very comforting knowing that if I ever were in one that I could reach out to these people. They seem like they could offer a lot of perspective and guidance for a person going through something tragic involving violence. I liked what the guy in the blue said ( Sorry,I do not remember his name)  about people are not taught what a healthy relationship should look like. I think knowing what this type of relationship looks like is something that everyone should be informed on and given tips on  how to achieve one.

No comments:

Post a Comment