Friday, April 22, 2016

wow

I left Wednesday's class with such a heavy heart. I was so amazed by the panel's courageousness to share there story. This honestly made me reflect back on my family. My mother, and my sister were both victims to sexual assualt, and I couldn't help but cry because of how close to home it hit for me, and it saddens me that this happens way more than it should. This was probably the rawest panel, and it pulled a lot of my emotions. Even though it was a somber subject it makes me happy that we have panel's like this, and not only learn from it, but spread awareness. I've had too many friends and family members that fall victim to partner violence, sexual, and verbal abuse it astounds me. I think it's just so easy for everyone not to care because it isn't happening to them, but it should matter to all of us. This was probably the most emotional panel, but I really appreciate that we addressed this subject matter, and expanded on it because I don't think people take it as seriously as they should because of the 'it won't happen to me' thought process. Over all amazing panel, and I commend the panelist for being such beautiful human beings and sharing such a personal part of their lives with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment